Saturday, May 26, 2007

Bowling Bonanza

Thursday night we bowled our first games on the summer candlepin bowling league we joined at Brunswick's alley "The Bowling Bowl." Brian's Grammy and Grampy bowl pretty regularly, but Grampy decided he wanted to take the summer off, and another fellow on their team dropped out, which left two spots needing to be filled.... so we joined! Brian and I both had a great night, we beat our averages, and now have a weekly date to hang out with Brian's grandparents!!

(Grampy is our official scorekeeper.) The average age of the bowlers on this league (before we joined) was probably 65+, but that's fine, we're having a blast all the same. Sorry no photos, I'll try to add one later. It's just too beautiful out today (70's at 10:30am) to spend all day on the computer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to try the candlestick bowling! Do you think the girls will be too small? I have wanted to do it since Brian spoke of his candlestick bowling tour in his childhood...;-b

Mike

Laura said...

I'm not sure if Mike was joking about the girls being too small, let's hope he was!

Anyway, good for you two - you probably saved the day for the team and you'll have a great time doing it! :)