Saturday, April 26, 2008

yard work is hard work :)

This weekend has been dedicated to yard work, so the photos aren't extremely exciting. Brian was working thoroughly raking the lawn so we're ready to start seeding tomorrow morning (our lawn is about 30% grass.... the rest is dead or dirt, so we're hoping to fix that). I started digging up my little vegetable garden patch (to be) - getting rid of all the grass chunks and as many weed roots as possible.
And here's a little sampling of our beautiful surroundings - our mystery tree has finally started to bloom pretty white and pink flowers. There are hundreds of buds on the tree. We can't wait to see the whole thing is bloom. I'll try to post again in a week if it looks good.
And here are the first flowers blooming from the bulbs we planted last fall. I love going out every morning to see if anything new has happened in the flowerbed since the day before!





1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm sure it's very hard work, but I have no doubt you two are going to have a beautiful yard and a GREAT garden! I'm sure it will be all organic too. You must post pictures of your yummies that you grow. Before and after they are made into deserts - ha ha!