I gave my pumpkin seedlings TLC early on, starting them under the grow light in April.

Then planting them outside with plenty of fertilizer.. they were off to a great start even in June!
So the time has come to welcome my great pumpkin:
Oh wait, I skipped a part. Back in late July I went out to check on my prize winning plants and...wait? Where are they? Our only guess is that our neighborhood skunk, who starting showing up around that time enjoyed unearthing my beautiful pumpkin vines.
Luckily I had also planted some pumpkin seeds that our friend Laura gave us, and I managed to get one pumpkin from those 4 plants!
Weighing in at a WHOPPING 3 pounds, I finally got my prize winning pumpkin...
Ta Da!!!!
Welcome Great Pumpkin! Now I will cut you up and roast your insides... Muahaha!
3 comments:
As I was part of the Great Pumpkin Constest I must concede to the apparent winner (at least until we hear from John). I love the interesting white color and wonder about it's taste. My pumpkin was eaten by our gaggle of turkeys when it was the size of a golf ball!! I suggest another challenge next year too.
C.
Yes, definitely let us know how it tasted! The pumpkin it was from was small and orange, but tasted yummy! Although I haven't met a pumpkin I didn't like!
Pumpkin?
That's a pumpkin?
Looks like a big softball to me...maybe next year.
T+K
Post a Comment