Here are the mittens I knit for Shelly this Christmas (technically finished after Christmas since I did some resizing, but she didn't mind). She likes the Twilight books/movies and these horseshoe-cabled, extra-long mittens match those that the main character wears in the movies. I chose a different color yarn that I thought Michelle would prefer (who wouldn't fall in love with a yarn called Paris Night?)
Here is Bella wearing her mittens in the movie:

And here is Michelle's pair:




For my first project that focused on cables, I was really happy with the result. Hmmm..... now to pick my next project...
2 comments:
Wow! How cute! I've never seen mittens so long, but they certainly make sense. And how thoughtful of you to make something based on the book/movie she likes.
And I'd like anything that's called Paris Night!
I know! I know! Your next project could be a little sweater or booties or anything really for the next person you know who has a baby...
I love the mittens, they look great! Nice work SIL!
-Stacy
Post a Comment