Brian's Grammy started the year off with a chocolate birthday cake (what else but chocolate??).
Mel's Great Aunt Dot celebrated 92 years with TWO cakes (cake and brownies)! You earned both of them Aunt Dot! :)The mittens I'm wearing are from Sue and Joe and they're made from MY old sweater! There was a local fundraiser through Sue's workplace that was collecting old wool sweaters so a local crafter could make new mittens out of the wool (she was then going to donate the proceeds from the mitten sales to the fundraiser). When I told Sue one of my donations included one of my favorite sweaters than I shrank in the dryer (ooops), she asked the craftswoman to make mittens in my size out of my sweater for my birthday... isn't that sweet?
Brian got me a map of the coastline that includes the river/inlet I grew up on... Love it! (I've been wanting something like this for a while). It's being mounted/framed this week. I can't wait to hang it! My mom sketched/painted two animal pictures and included cute little sayings with them, and presented them in frames. Shelly printed some of my favorite Europe vacation photos for me. Stacy and Eric found a beautiful party/food tray. Laura and crew sent me some fun new scrapbooking supplies to try. I got the most thoughtful gifts this year!
Plus homemade birthday cake with Mom's lemon frosting... sweet!!!
And Joe celebrated his birthday shortly after Mel with German Shepherd cake (or so the joke went that day).
Man, we're gonna have serious cake-withdrawal unless someone steps up with another birthday soon!
2 comments:
You all know how to celebrate a birthday!!! I love the special gifts that Melissa got! The mittens were such a great idea! I love the map too, how special. And I wish we could see the animal sketches/paintings done by your mom. That is soooo sweet!
German Shepherd cake???? Did someone accidently say that but mean German chocolate? Too funny!
P.S. I keep meaning to tell you that I don't know how to use that spray thing we got you, but I figured you would come up with a fabulous way!
And I was cracking up about the book cloth tape, it reminded me of a story where I gave Mike a bath fizzy once and he thought it was soap. After using it a while, he told me that the soap I gave him really burns his skin when he uses it! Some gifts need an explanation! :)
Glad we were there to share in many of those birthday sweets!
Post a Comment