- Sunset comes a lot earlier this late in the summer, so we only had about 30 mins before the sun set.
- the mosquitoes were so persistent we literally couldn't stop swatting long enough to take a bite of our sandwich without getting covered in bugs. We ran up and down the beach, sandwiches in hand, to try to stay ahead of the bugs.
- Jane was not interested in getting wet and too nervous about the waves to enjoy herself.
- they put tomatoes in Brian's sandwich which isn't a big deal to pick out ...if your fingers aren't covered in sand.

Was it the relaxing evening we had pictured? No. But we squeezed in that visit to the beach, doing one last "summer" thing before the shorts got put into storage.Maybe that's just what the beach is, a perfect experience we dream about all winter long, but once we get there the water's too cold to swim, the seagulls want to steal your lunch, and the sand's found its way into places it really shouldn't be.... actually, that's exactly how I remember it. Is it crazy that I love it so much?
2 comments:
It looks like you made the most of it. And there's always next year! ;)
This post had me laughing out loud! If you had just shown the pictures it would have looked like a perfect evening. But like Stacy said, I'm sure you made the most of it and were able to laugh about it. Poor Brian and the tomatoes! Very descriptive, so I feel for him! And poor Jane worrying about the waves. Still, I dream about the ocean too...
Post a Comment