Sunday, March 22, 2009

Winters Farmers Market

We haven't been to the winter farmer's market in months, and hadn't even checked out the new venue at the mill in Brunswick at all this year (what were we thinking?!). But with the anxiousness of waiting for spring to get here we finally made it over to the market. And now I'm so disapointed we missed this all winter long.... there were carrots, potatoes, beets - all looking as fresh as when they were pulled from the ground last fall, fresh greenhouse lettuce mixes, eggs, and of course all the delicious baked breads and desserts we love too! This picture makes it look far smaller than it was.

Along with some veggies, bread, and dessert we purchased, we also found some non-food items we couldn't pass up: Joe got these cool recycled mittens, sewn from recycled wool and fleece sweaters... they actually look like they'll be very warm next winter


And I found this beautiful necklace at the same vendor made of Chinese seaglass and garnet beads. I love it!
Jujubes anyone? It does look good enough to eat, doesn't it?
And here's the gang leaving the mill/farmer's market with all our goodies. I do prefer walking to the market (at the farm) from Brian's parents house, but this will definitely fill the void until the snow finally melts :).

No comments: