Uncle John visited Mom & Dad last weekend and look what he made! It's a hanging birdfeeder, which you fill by sliding the chimney out of the way. Beautiful project, just like my grandfather's woodworking.

We also went to a local theater, Frontier Cafe, for dinner and to see a film on genetically modified
food. Eaters beware! I could go on and on about this... but let's just leave it at this: they made agent orange and still insist its not harmful to people - so let's be honest, they're not trying to save the world with gm foods, they're trying to make money by ensuring people have to use their other product, RoundUp. Write to your representatives and ask for federally mandated labeling of GM foods. You're eating it right now without being informed, and it's wreaking havic on our environment and our food supplies. We've got to stop it.
So on that positive note... we're looking forward to Farmer's Market back outside at the farm, with lots of fresh, local vegis!
Off to spend the rest of the day outside in the garden - gotta take advantage of these spring days when it's warm and sunny!

2 comments:
That birdfeeder is beautiful - truly a work of art.
Oh no. I'm so overwhelmed right now with the state of the planet after seeing that garbage swirl on Oprah, I bet that movie was depressing. I'm going to try to find a form for a letter to our reps about GM foods, always trying to take the easy way out! But I will do it! :)
Good for you for growing your own food and trying to stay local with the rest.
Enjoy your warm day!
Post a Comment