According to IEA and MIT databases (says website thisisreality.org), "the coal industry is spending millions advertising clean coal, but not a single clean coal power plant exists in the US today." And proposed coal-power plants in the pipeline won't be capturing pollutants like the advertizing claims, either.
How do we address the coal problem? I think we need to give a cap & trade system a try. When the price of coal-generated electricity includes the environmental costs normally outboarded to taxpayers (somebody's paying for river cleanups, associated health costs, etc and it's not the power companies....) it will be much easier to transition to truely cleaner sources as a country....
Let's do it! :)
3 comments:
I'm in! Where do I sign up???
It's so sad to think of all these industries so willing to lie to us for money. How do they sleep at night?
I t has been a while since I got on the blog... I actually can ay that i know where that is everytime i see a pic of you house or either parent's home. Easter looked like a good time! and good food! happy late B-day Stacey...
Zeus
sorry about the numerous typos...
Zeus
Post a Comment