Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Day at Fenway

Stacy and I took a weekend road trip to visit our friend Matt in CT, which also included my first Red Sox game!! After a late start getting on the road, another 50 mins stuck in line at a toll plaza (oh, don't you worry, Stacy kept us and other cars around us entertained), we finally made it to Fenway Park!

Matt rushed to pick up our tickets (bravely fighting the crowds - and elbows!!) and we hurried to our seats, just in time to catch the start of the game... phew!

Here we are... yeah!! Go Red Sox!!
Matt got us great seats (it always looks farther away in pictures)...
...although if you only had this photo to look at, you might not believe me. Doesn't this photo look like I'm in front of a green screen?? Ha!
Snapped this photo while Matt went to grab food... our seats were pretty close to the concession stand (always a great thing in my book!!). Speaking of food.... we definitely ate up: the classic Fenway Frank, fries, peanuts, and sourpatch kids (ok, so the sourpatch kids probably don't make the "classic" baseball foods category, but the guy in front of Stacy got the last ice cream cone, so we made due :)).
And here we are singing a classic baseball tune (in Matt's defense, he thought we were taking a photo, not a video :)

After the game we took a closer look at the field and got this pretty good self-portrait group shot.
All-in-all we had a great time and I had a fantastic first Red Sox game. I got to spend it with great friends, the rain held off until after the game, and the hometeam won.... well, everything but that last part. You can't always have it all :).

Thanks Matt & Stacy!! So when's the next adventure?

Matt - I'm calling you out: no more blog-stalking! Gotta leave a comment, man!

3 comments:

Laura said...

This looks like so much fun!!! And I didn't realize that Fenway Park is more than a stadium - is it really a park?

Glad you explained your friend, Matt's behavior - too funny!

Stacy and Eric said...

Where's the photo from VIP?!!

I am so glad you enjoyed your first Red Sox game, even if they didn't win. I think Matt took it easy on you, because he wasn't that tame for my first game, were you Matt?

We should make this a yearly event so that we don't go another 3 years before all getting together. And maybe next time we'll let Eric and Brian join in on the antics...

Brian and Melissa said...

Sign me up for next year's Red Sox road trip! You in too, Matt?