Here's some stats on Junk Mail:
-Each person will receive almost 560 pieces of junk mail this year.
-That's 4.5 million tons of junk mail produced each year!
-44% of all junk mail is thrown in the trash, unopened and unread.
-Approximately 40% of the solid mass that makes up our landfills is paper and paperboard waste.
So why bother with it? I FINALLY got around to doing this today (Laura got us thinking about it months ago)... hopefully we'll see results fairly soon. I did it online, but there's a phone # too:
Call 888-567-8688. This single automated phone line takes you off the lists of all major credit bureaus. You can also do this online at:http://www.optoutprescreen.com.
... and enjoy the extra time you have not shreding those nasty credit card offers!
1 comment:
I love it! It really is a relief not to have to shred those dumb things every day. And you don't have to worry about them getting into the wrong hands anymore.
Post a Comment